Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, July 18, 2015

A Bit Of Love And You'll Heal The Wounds....Mine And Yours



image source
*all rights of the above art work belong to the rightful owner

I came back today after watching the much-awaited movie Bajrangi Bhaijaan, starring my ever so favourite Salman Khan. Of course the main reason of writing this post is not to talk about the movie, but a comment that I made after coming home that made me think of wanting to write a tad bit more.


After witnessing the immense happiness in the crowd post the ending of the movie, the comment I made was, ‘’Maybe we should start screening Salman Khan movies on the India-Pakistan border, I am sure it will end all our enmity and make us human beings, instead of Hindus and Muslims.”


I stand by what I said.


I have always chosen the people in my life based on the love I feel for them or the genuine love and concern they have for me. Religion, caste, language and even geographical restraints have never been a cause of concern or choosing. I do not have any issues eating at a particular person’s house based on what image they pray to, what clothes they wear, what language they speak at home or which part of the world they originally are from.


To me – it really does not make any difference.


A few days back I was discussing about the concept of love and what it means to me. To me, love is not just restricted to being in a physical relationship with someone (of course, that does require love too, at least for me), but what I mean is that love comes in different forms and styles. Love is not just the emotion that a couple may feel. It is very much the emotion that you feel for your parent, for your child, for a very dear friend, for a baby you met a few times, for someone you have only briefly met but know for a fact that you will connect instantly the next time you meet. There are so many shades of love.


And I am the kind of person who grows with love, who needs the different forms of love to sustain, to grow, to continue to live. And I love back equally strongly. Those who know me know that I am a fiercely protective and possessive person, and for those I love, I can go to any lengths whatsoever.


It truly helps me to connect to those special people in my life I really really love, and there are only a handful of such amazing people I am lucky to know in my life – I have chosen it to be that way. I have consciously removed all those people from my life who I do not really love. And every time I am low and out of sorts, all I need is to get back a little bit of that positivity and energy from those I love, and I am back with a bang, fully recharged and raring to go.


It does make a difference – love – especially the type that is not judgmental and does not come with any preconceived notions.


- Debolina Raja

**********************************
And like I always believe in and say:
"Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children" - MJ

Debolina Raja Gupta