Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Tales From The Lift: Of Midnight Walks In The Rain And A Leechy Neighbour Again



image source

It's the perfect time to call him the 'leech' - those blood sucking irritating things that just won't go away no matter what you do - it's rain time here in Mumbai now, the time when these creepy things can be seen around, all pun intended, and they sure make a presence felt around us, come rain or not (here I am of course talking about the four limbed variety if you may).

So those who are close to me know me that I absolutely love rains, that I absolutely love walking at night, and that an absolutely amazing combo for me is walking in the rain....I love it...and of course without an umbrella or a raincoat (that would so defeat the purpose for me).

So last night I had a great walk of an hour around midnight. The rains were sometimes a light drizzle and sometimes a lovely downpour, and I was enjoying myself thoroughly. The breeze was crazy, coming in from the sea and literally pushing me and almost throwing me off balance so many times that it was even more fun (no, I am not saying that I am as light as a feather, but I mean that the wind was so strong that it managed to push me).....I even got visited by a few bat family members. No, I don't really like them though and feel they are best experienced in a book I might be reading to get the spooks, coz that is just what they manage to do - give me the spooks....But they did come in flying down and above, circled a few times then left, or maybe I failed to notice.

An hour done, I wrapped up my music, took a last few cool down rounds and headed towards the lift. There was no one around, and it was all quiet and fine....

Till the doors opened and oh yucks no....that absolute irritant of a man that I really cannot stand (and all credits to him that he knows I cannot stand him yet he continues to do what he does) comes out of the lift and does what ??????

The moment the doors open (he saw me even as they were just opening) he gave that sick smile of his and I knew he was alone. I'll come back to that soon....So he comes out and comes over straight to me, even as I have no smile on my face, but I know my expression already told him I was not interested to talk. AT ALL....

So he comes over and in an almost whistle says 'whoa ho ho .... look who's back....and look who's been doing something great with herself....how did you lose so much weight?'

Did he really think I would talk to him about it? Moron.....

And even though I said nothing he came up with his hand extended (for a lame handshake of an excuse) and I crossed him and went inside the lift. He turned back and came towards me, saying something out of which I heard 'I saw your pictures day before' and I was wondering what pictures? Where can he see my pictures? I don't have him on any social media, I don't even know his name for crying out loud....and I was really puzzled.

It was when I came home I realized he is a friend of a common friend's friend, and that is how he reached my pictures....I was not concerned that he had checked me out online, most frustrated good for nothing people can only do that - check out others' profiles and become the quiet online stalkers. But of course I have loads of pictures of my kids on the site, and I got the common friend thread snapped out.

So what makes this man behave like this over and over again?

If it was me in my earlier days he would have been slapped and shamed and given the shit of his life by now. I have however, toned down, a lot of which has happened after I became a mom, as somehow, I always try to sort out things calmly for as long as possible.

But this man from the lift (that is how he originally met me and started exhibiting his creepiness) has now literally spilled out of the lift....

And there is a pattern.....

Any time he meets me when I am with someone else or he is with someone else or there is any third person in the vicinity, he will never come near me. No. All he does is just nod his head and give a polite formal smile, as if he just happened to see me and is doing a courtesy out of living in the same building.

And when he meets me with just him and me being the people around? Then comes out his creepiness. From what I do to where I go out with friends to what tattoos I have and where I have and what do they mean and why I got them done and comments about what I am wearing or how I am looking or why I am returning when I am to everything else that is clearly none of his business. No...

This man is getting too pally for my comfort.

A few days back I was talking to a friend and was telling him how the 'uncle' category men have a tendency to prey on women and girls who are genuinely not interested in them. He told me he had never noticed it, or rather not given it any thought, but I told him to keep an eye out next time.

The funniest remark this man made was that I remind him of someone, and that he can't tell me who it is, as for that he will have to come to my place and tell me 'personally.' To which I told him that I only let my friends come home and not any stranger, even if from the building....He understood, it was clear from his face, but he chooses to play it like that.

This man is getting to really bug me now...the fun side being that I get to share so much about him in the tales....and maybe one day he will help me add a violent or really angry twist to it....Tales From The Lift...Woman Hits Man Black And Blue With Her Boots.....

I'm kind of liking the title idea, whatsay? ;)

- Debolina Raja Gupta

***************************************
And like I always believe in and say:
"Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children" - MJ

Debolina Raja Gupta