Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

What About Me? Do You Know Me?


http://akrockefeller.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Identity_transduction_art_series_1-2_way_to_be_humphre_king_ITS-456x456.jpg



Does my face look fine? Do I look okay? Do I look bad?

Have I put on too much weight? Maybe quite a lot, or maybe just a tad?

My shade of red lipstick, is it a tad bit slutty?

Do I always look ‘cute’, even though I may feel ‘naughty’?

How do I wear my hair, should I put it up or down?

Do people like what they see, or do they barely hide a frown?

Do they see the pain and the hurt, that lurks behind that red shade?

Do they know how bad I feel, when I crave the love that’s not there?

Do they know all the pains I quietly hide in my heart?

Maybe that missing moment, maybe a love that’s lost?

Maybe a sudden fright that I am battling all alone

Maybe the things I had then, but all that’s now gone?

Do they know how all the good things, I hold on to so tight?

That shine bright in the daylight but can quietly slip off in the night?

How the tears that stay hidden, behind those perfect put-on smiles

How all those insecurities smother me, when they sweep me in their tide?

How every single morning, is a battle just like another day,

When I try to grasp on to reality, but still try to dream it up my way?

The juggle that goes on, as a woman, as a mommy, as a me.

All the office work the house and the beyond, do they know me, do they see the real me?

What about me?

Do I know the real me?

Do I see her?

I am but just another woman…..
 

- Debolina Raja Gupta

****************************************
And like I always believe in and say:
"Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children" - MJ

Debolina Raja Gupta