Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Judge Me..Judge Me Not....


Take the time to find out.



There was a time when I was crazy. I still am. But there was a difference to being a crazy then. The ‘then’ when I was called a youngster. I had an excuse to be crazy then. People around me would look at me, smile, amused, nod their heads with love and understanding and say ‘yes, she is young, she can do this. She will grow up. She will learn.’

I grew up. And I learnt. I learnt that there is a time to be crazy. There is a time to be fun loving. And then again, there is a time to love and re-love and re-learn. And a time when you can truly be you.

There is a time for everything I guess. A time when you won’t be judged as much. A time when you will be judged all the time.

But judged you will be.

So as the me I am now, the grown up ‘me’ mind you, I can be crazy, as crazy as I want to be, but I should do that in the confines of my space, within the walls, in a place where no one can see me.

I can go out with anyone I want to, with friends or friends of friends, who cares, but as long as no one
sees me.

The talent is in being able to maintain the hush hush of life. To be the way you want to be, but still manage to put up that face that you are supposed to put up for the world when you reach a ‘certain’ age. Does not happen with everyone, I know. But happened to me, maybe.

Recently this lovely young girl in my building told me she absolutely loves me. She told me she loves hanging out with me, having a conversation with me, and that she really feels I’m crazy and cool. 

Mind you, she is one smart girl this young one (and not because she called me all these good things, though I won’t deny that’s a bonus!).  And she did say too that it was a surprise to her when she first spoke to me, because she never imagined someone my age and a mom of two would love to chat up with her and be so non-conformist.

I was glad. And I was proud. Non-conformist is exactly what I hope I am. And she said I am! Hurray me!

And all that judging? Well, can’t please all as I say….
 

- Debolina Raja Gupta
*****************************************************
And like I always believe in and say:
"Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children" - MJ

Debolina Raja Gupta