Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Tales From The Lift And More: Whose God Is It Anyway??

That's why I am an atheist! J.J, - I continually think it is so ironic that 'christ - ians' in particular accuse those of us who see Religions for what they really are of not being 'open minded' when in fact the main reason we are not 'Believers' is because we are 'open minded ' !


image source

Of late the lift and the lobby seem to be quite the interesting areas in my building...Have met many amusing and entertaining specimens there, not necessarily the types that I want to or do associate with. One such specimen who has been bumping into, or near, me, is the one with the 'Oh Gosh What Happened To You You're So Fat' one....remember him? I won't blame you if you don't. Even I don't wish to remember him...but.....In case you would like to refresh your memory though you could always do so HERE - this is the moron in the 'third' instance.

Well, so again this character sees me and walks up to me with a silly grin. I don't even know his name or which floor he is on, though we live in the same building...with some people you just don't want to know, right? Ya right.

So he walks over to me, again, and asks me silly things like my name and where I am originally from (why??) and all that bore me to death talks......And then he looks at me and grins and says ya I know you, I remember the Christian girl....So I'm like...huh? Christian girl? Who?

The moron: You (and please picture a pathetic smile along with that)

Me: Me? Christian? Wow...I didn't know that

The moron: (stumped) You are Christian na

Me: No

The moron: But your name is Christian

Me: btw...I remember you very well too though I don't know you...you are the guy who called me fat

The moron: What? I called you fat? no no how could i do that? I am really sorry (he is really blushing now and his face is all slack)

Me: That's fine...but I am never forgetting that, just so you know....

The moron: sorry sorry sorry (continues in that typical pathetic nagging tone, then remembers) but you are not Christian?

Me: (I end up explaining this to almost everyone as mossssst people assume that Debolina is a Christian name, not that it offends me or anything) No...it's a Bengali name

The moron: Oh....so you are from Bangaaaaaal (!!!!!!! add another moronic dum a@@ smile please!)

Me: No, I am a Delhiite though I am biologically a bong

The moron: (didn't understand any of my previous sentence) huh? what? you are confusing me now

Me: It's simple...my parents are bengalis but I've been born and brought up in Delhi...so that makes me a Delhiite...I'm hoping you understood this?

The moron: Ohhhhhhh....Dilliiiiiii....ya ya I love Delhi...I was there for a few years...beautiful place...beautiful people...

Me: Hmmmm

The moron: Thank god you are not Christian

Me: What????

The moron: Yes, I am okay but I am a kattar (literally means a fanatic a@@h#$$) hindu

Me: Wow good for you...and I am a kattar nothing

The moron: What??? You don't believe in god??? no no no no no not good (shaking his head all the time)

Me: No I don't and I don't see any reason why

The moron: no no no no no don't say like that......you should believe in god....god is always there.....you should have a mandir (temple) in your home...you should blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah 

Me: (my face was vocal enough of what I was thinking but I could see the moron obviously wasn't getting it) ya so are you trying to convince me to turn into a religious person? You can try if you have that much time...I don't ... and anyway you can't

The moron: no no I can I will show you miracle (again that smile)

Me: Great...go ahead....but unless you bring your god here in front of me and I can have a personal conversation, I am not going to spend any more time on this......I think you know that everyone has a right to personal opinion, you know that, right?

The moron: Give me your number I will add you on watsapp

Me: What ????

The moron: Yes number number?

Me: 75836r37397319rt7qrq3 (it does come with a block option)

The moron: I am adding you (with that grin!)

Me: Ya fine whatever...I'm generally very busy so not sure if I can reply always

The moron: No problem (do I have to tell you about that grin again!)

Me: Okay I gotta go

The moron: saying something blah blah blah but I had already walked away.........

Like really....these are just the kind of fools, especially religious fools I cannot tolerate...and the only reason I guess they keep orbiting in  my space is so that I can populate my Tales From The Lift series ;)

- Debolina Raja Gupta
***********************************************
And like I always believe in and say:
"Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children" - MJ

Debolina Raja Gupta