Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Do You Wear The Pants?


Just finished reading The Sealed Letter by Emma Donoghue. While I was definitely charmed by the book, in case you're not aware what it's about, let me give you a brief idea: it's about a real scandal that took place in the Victorian era between a married lady and revolves around her scandalous extra-marital affairs. This was one big scandal that shook the years during the 1860s and was widely reported.

While I'm not going to divulge much right now, I'm soon going to share the review and you can read about it at The Book Worm , what I did want to just jot down is the fact that I'm so relieved I wasn't living in those times....


Other things apart, the simplest thing that I'm talking about is how a woman who dared to wear pants in the Victorian era was automatically branded as a homosexual !!!! 

In fact, here's a pic I came across on Google, and this is obviously a real incidence...

- Debolina Raja Gupta

*****************************************************************
And like I always believe in and say:
"Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children" - MJ

Debolina Raja Gupta