Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Few Thoughts, Pages and Pen.....

I don't write to share....many times I do...but many times, my notebooks are my only soulmates, listening to me without judging, giving me an ear, keeping my thoughts, my secrets all tucked in.

And I've been quite in love with them in turn. Each time I go to a stationery store, I invariably wander off to the hand-made notebooks section. The unevenness of these pages, the less-than-perfect look is what make them even more beautiful for me. The rough and coarse pages of the re-cycled papers, as I run my fingers through them, feel filled with many stories from the past.








This is one of my oldest notebooks. Quite worn-down now....I made the odd drawing on the cover by putting some ink blotches and making it out in the shape of a girl and boy...As you can see, Im pretty lousy at it!

Im currently using this one as my workpad...

Picked it up from Staples.




This is how the inside of the notebook looks. I love writing down my name and playing with it in different styles and colours. So here's my name Debolina Raja Gupta in two different shades of colour that I happened to be fiddling with in at that time - blue and green :-)











 I really liked this one the moment I saw it. Im not a very floral-print kind of person, but there was something quite attractive about this cover. The cover of the notebook is soft, its a kind of cloth with real hand-made embroidery...I found that quite interesting.....

Using it as an on-off jot down notebook.

Picked up at The Bombay Store.










 Wow...just look at her..Isn't she a beauty? I wasn't really looking for a notebook when I walked in to the store, but one look at this one and I knew I had to keep it with me. This is a one-of-its-kind notebook that Iv seen till date, whether as a regular notebook or as a hand-made paper one. The cover is like a painting frame and actually feels really smooth and varnish-y to the touch.

I haven't got down to use this one yet.

Picked it up at The Bombay Store.





 - Debolina Raja Gupta

**********************************
And like I always believe in and say:
"Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children" - MJ