Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mumbai Gujarat Earthquake 2012: 4.5 Quake Shakes Western India

Here it is again guys...what we've been experiencing for the past few days all over the world ! Mother Nature hitting back with a vengeance as she definitely has had enough.

14th April 2012 a lazy Saturday morning Mumbai woke up to sudden shocks even as many were getting out of beds after nursing a Friday night hangover, after sleeping in late over the weekend.

I was sitting on the couch working when suddenly I felt myself shaking. There was a vibration on the floor and I could feel the couch stirring continuously. I turned to see if by chance my daughter was jumping around on the couch...she was happily busy with her paintings on the floor !

For an instant I thought it was nothing...that I was just imaging things...

Then I looked up to see the fan swaying...it was switched off and moving !

I looked at the bottle on the table....the water was moving....

This was scary....I have only experienced an earthquake once before ... that was a long long time back in Delhi, and I remember that too was a morning thing and I was still in bed when the quake had woken me up and I had rushed out of the house with my family, where already many others were standing in panic... This time too, I was wondering whether or not to rush out of my 23rd-floor apartment with my little daughter when the tremors stopped..

Here's what the news reported much after I actually felt it.

Stay safe guys....we've already done much damage to Mother Earth...of course she is getting aggressive now, but let's take care and start being a little more considerate and understanding towards Nature....its time we begin if we don't want the end too near....

-Debolina Raja Gupta

*******************************
And like I always believe in and say:
"Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children" - MJ

Debolina Raja Gupta