Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, July 4, 2011

My Book Lover Friend From Across The Globe


Some time back I had written a post about a book I had read almost 11 years back, borrowed from a friend and read with too much interest. It was a book that was really close to my heart, but one that I had not been able to finish as the last chapters were missing, and till date I never found out about the book as even its cover and name/author pages were missing.

Every time I visited a book store I would keep scanning the cover jackets, hoping to read a description of the story I was looking for. I would ask about the book at bookstores, in the hope that someone may remember having read it or had heard about it and would finally lead me to it. I would even keep my eyes open at the re-sale bookstores, in the last hope that someone, maybe someone, would decide to part with that awesome book for some reason and I would finally get it.

None of this ever happened of course. And as I had no clue about the book except a fading storyline, I knew there was no way for me to find the book and finally, after years and years of trying, I had lost all hope.

Then, a couple of weeks back I got a mail from this wonderful lady named Kate Carpenter, who had read about this book description on this blog and referred me a name. Read more
********************************************************
And like I always believe in and say:
"Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children" - MJ

Debolina Raja Gupta