Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day Baba

Happy Father's Day Baba....


Father's Day is being celebrated today all across the world....of course each day is special, and like we all say, we don't need to have one single day to express our love for that person who means so special to us. But sometimes it does feel special when you wish someone specially and call it 'their' day, doesn't it? I too feel that the love I have for my baba, my father, is always the same, whether I call him and express it or whether I just keep it in my heart. But living away in a different city, it does feel good to pick up the phone and give a call to wish 'Happy Father's Day'...I can see the smile on his face even from this distance :)

I called my baba midnight last night and wished into the phone...He wasn't expecting a call, he does not keep track of these days, only our birthdays and anniversaries, just like all parents.....but I knew instantly that he felt really happy.

I have always been a daddy's girl, and still am. And I know this is true for most of us daughters. We just love to be called our father's daughter, don't we? Not that we love our mums less, but it's just a father-daughter thing I guess.

I dont need to send him a gift, just hearing my voice on the phone makes his day...And you know what, I am really grateful for having him as my father....for the way that he is and always will be with me, without any conditions attached...I love you baba....

**********************************
And like I always believe in and say:
"Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children" - MJ

Debolina Raja Gupta