Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, May 17, 2010

Take a moment now to thank life for what you have - your child


It started out as a perfect weekend - staring out at the sea and the world from my balcony with a mug of coffee in hand,sitting to a perfect late brunch,spending a long lazy afternoon in the swimming pool and heading out to the mall right across my home.The day was well spent and just like that the weekend was almost over.And finally,after a nice weekend as we slipped inside the comforter,I realised all was not really well.For as Navya put her head on my arm in her sleep,my arm burned and my cheeks were stinging with the heat..she had the temperature again and as I looked at the scary little blink on the forehead thermometer strip reach the 'high' mark,we rushed out of bed,grabbed the house keys,and bundling up our baby in our arms,rushed to the hospital...
It was 2am when we reached there and our baby was moving in and out of sleep...but we kept telling her she would be well soon and she remained calm and content in her mamma's arms.
We were sitting in the lobby waiting for the doc to come out of the OT,he was operating on a little baby,whose family was seated in the lobby with us.I didnt know it then,but all the family members were crying.I could see they were stealing glances at the baby in my arms,thinking of moments when their precious was safe in their arms,crying now at being helpless,waiting for the doctor to come out and tell them how it would be.The mother was faint,she kept crying and weeping and being comforted by family,but I could see none of it mattered to her...there was only one thing that could be any solace,to have her baby back in her arms. For as the doctor put the stitches and the cuts on that little body behind the closed doors,she felt each cut and the pain of it in her heart.The family members too were crying,but careful not to do so in front of the mother who was already distraught with grief.I could not even begin to imagine what the mother might be feeling right then,I was scared that if I thought of it,maybe some of it might rub on to my side as well.I clearly did not want to imagine that situation,not for myself,not for any parent ever.
I looked down at my little doll in my arms,her eyelids had already drifted off to a dream world,her hot cheek resting against my chest,her heart at peace in her mother's arms.And right then,seeing my little child safe and happy in my arms,a silent thanks went out to someone out there,telling them this was all I ever needed...that my child stay happy and safe always....and to thank life for giving me this blessing....For every moment that I have been angry or irritated at my child,I am ready to give my love and heart a thousand times over...just like any parent would.
Right now she is much better,and I hope the mother in the lobby has got her child back too....
I can only hug and kiss my baby so much now,and since I know how much she means to me,I will do it as often as I can....And you too.....dont wait for a time or a reason,just hug your child,give them a kiss and tell them they are the best thing that could have ever happened to you.....