Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, May 17, 2010

Palm Beach Road Navi Mumbai weekend drag racers


This Saturday night I had gone to bed with the thought that my Sunday would begin late late late....I really wanted to sleep in late, to lose myself in the comforts of the cosy comforter and be lost to the heat and the world outside....But some people had other plans....
Just like every Sunday morning,even before my dreams had begun to fade,even before Mumbai had properly woken up, I could hear the whirr and the drone of the engines even before they were close. The sheer power of the bikes was enough to wake me up from miles apart.As I heard the approaching roar of the bikes I threw away the comforter and rushed to my balcony.And I was just in time...for the first bike was just on the highway then,a dashing black machine with the rider geared in a perfect match of black gloves and black helmet and jacket.How I clapped like a silly school girl.I have been watching these guys zoom and dhoom past my building for the last 2 years and wait for them every weekend.A few second after this came the yellow,followed by the green and purple and orange and red and a few more......Though I love living on the height that a 23rd floor apartment offers,this height is sure not great enough for me to catch a glimpse of these guys.But then,I have the added option of seeing them cruise through the entire stretch of the road,vrooming past all other mere machines on the highway,turning heads and eyes each and everywhere,creating that drone in the heart.
It is dangerous and it is illegal and it is really a big big dare....but still,I really love it when these guys cruise past,and I really imagine that maybe,just like John Abraham was in the real Dhoom,maybe he sometimes joins in here as well...but then again, I am just being as wishful as a silly little schoolgirl......