Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Missed this morning.....


Woke up in the morning today and went about the house doing all the usuals.... Woke up my daughter with a big cuddle and kiss, fussed in the kitchen fixing a breakfast for the two of us, filled the bowl on my balcony with water for the birds...went about a regular morning, looking out at the highway below, the cars speeding off to work, to somewhere near or far, alone or with loved ones or a colleague to give company, so many things happening in and around me......cleaned the marching line of ants that had just begun to climb up the kitchen counter, their gray little bodies matching with the gray and black of the kitchen counter-top. Cut up some fresh fruits to beat the heat and sat down on the couch, surrounded with the huge cushions that are so sinkable.....and then, as I turned here and there, putting out my hand to do what I didnt realise, it struck me that what I was missing here was the morning newspaper !!!! Well the newspaper guy hadnt dropped his morning mail today and my paper was not on its usual place...the table....
That is definitely one of the most laid back thing I do each morning. Scanning the spreads in front of me and reading the prints, knowing who did what in which part of the world, checking out the trends, seeing the various sales and offers available nearby and making a mental note. And some mornings when I dont get the time to read it right away, I can see it sitting quietly on the table, waiting for me, and the thought that I can dig into my morning paper whenever I want is enough to make me feel happy.
Sadly, this morning I know for sure I wont be seeing it anymore......