Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, April 19, 2010

As she starts school


As she steps into a new world, doing things on her own for the very first time, I sit back, a line on my forehead, a thought in my heart, trying to remember how it is that she suddenly grew so big while all the time I was under the impression that it was only yesterday that my little doll was born !!!

A few things I am missing right now:

watching reruns of all those animations on the Disney channel
singing rhymes out loud and performing them with full actions
cleaning up crayon marks on the wall
running around the house with a bowl full of food and a spoon in hand
hearing the giggling
getting wet with sloppy kisses
playing horse
screaming and then smiling the next moment as I see that smiling pixie
missing being me as I start on this new phase of my life, seeing my little one fly
out of the nest, spreading her wings, ready to face the world on her own.....